Hike! Your football tailgating guests are sure to be game for these football-inspired brownies!
- 1 brownie mix and listed ingredients needed (oil, water, eggs)
- Football-shaped cookie cutter, or knife to cut your own
- 1 cup chocolate frosting (from 16 oz container)
- Tube of white decorating icing
1. Heat your oven according to the mix’s directions — usually 350°F or, 325°F for a dark or nonstick pan.
2. Line a 9-inch square pan with foil. Allow the foil to hang 2 inches over the sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, stir brownie mix with ingredients as listed on packaging — oil, water and eggs. Blend well. Spread in pan.
4. Bake as directed, usually 34 to 37 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out almost clean. Allow to cool.
5. Remove brownies from pan by lifting out the foil using the excess foil on the sides.
6. With football-shaped cookie cutter, cut brownies into football shapes. Or, slice them with a small knife to look like footballs.
7. Spread chocolate frosting on brownies. Add “laces” with tube of icing.
Photo, recipe inspired by Betty Crocker